- The US Department of Labor: The Whistleblower Protection Programs https://www.whistleblowers.gov/
- Federal Employee Whistleblowers — Whistleblower Protection Act http://www.workplacefairness.org/federal-employee-whistleblowers https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whistleblower_Protection_Act
- OSHA Fact Sheet – Your Rights as a Whistleblower https://www.osha.gov/OshDoc/data_General_Facts/whistleblower_rights.pdf
Famous cases of whistleblowing
- 10 Famous Whistleblowers http://www.politico.com/gallery/2013/08/10-famous-infamous-whistleblowers-001083?slide=0
- Edward Snowden – https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edward_Snowden
- Chelsea Manning – https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chelsea_Manning
Where does your state stand.
- NCSL State Whistleblower Laws – http://www.ncsl.org/research/labor-and-employment/state-whistleblower-laws.aspx
- None – AR, GA, ID, MD, MS, MN, NV, NM, NC, SD, TX, VT, VA, WI, and WY
- We’d like to see all 50 states offer some level of protection. Please let us know if you live or work in one of these states and are interested in participating in an effort to pass a whistleblowing protection law.